Back to the Classroom?

By Matt Cronin
Its been a while since my last post. I have a year under my belt as tech coordinator at MCCPS. The learning curve has been steep, but it given me a chance to learn so many things I wouldn't have had a chance otherwise:
  • Coding HTML and CSS
  • Messing around with webservers
  • Playing with Drupal and Moodle
  • Weeding through network infrastructure
  • All sorts of cool new software like Google Earth, SketchUp, GarageBand etc.
I don't think I could possibly rehash this past year in one post. But now an opportunity presents itself for me to return to the classroom full time. I must admit that the idea intrigues me. Already the ideas for a networked, paperless, connected classroom are speeding around my brain. Give me a Moodle and a wiki and I can take my classroom beyond the walls of the school. Give me an LCD projector and some laptops and we can document and display our learning for ourselves and for the world. I hope to use this blog in the coming months to record this process. It is kind of strange to have this burst of energy at the end of the school year, when I should be exhausted. I kinda like it.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?