My Wikibook

By Matt Cronin
I just participated in an interesting discussion on Worldbridges' EdTechTalk. The discussion sounds like the death knell of textbooks. I was reminded of my experiences with textbooks as a student. I remember how many sections of the textbook were left untouched by the instructor. This was blunt (and boring) an instrument. I imagine being able to bend and twist content to fit the needs of my classroom and students. I want a world history wiki where I can have student access artifacts from around the world and use current scholarship to further explain the foreign object in front of them. I want a wiki that matches the content in my classroom. I want to have spaces where students can contribute their acquired knowledge with their peers. I want time to be able to piece this together for my classroom.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?